6 and 0 is the Way To Go

Tony Kosiyachinda

Young players like junior Xanthi Limber (32) and sophomore Megan Kerchaert (4) have contributed greatly to the Girls Basketball team’s perfect record.

Gianna Giacalone, Reporter

Girls basketball has started the season off strong with a 6-0 record.

Last year the Lady Coyotes made it to the regional finals where they fell to Whitman. They had a team with eight seniors that rotated on and off the court.

The underclassman have stepped up their game by starting off this season with a bang. Each player has contributed to the scoreboard, and each game the Lady Coyotes had a score ranging from 55-65, which is considered very high scoring.

“It’s a lot different, it’s pretty cool playing with this new group of girls. We have a lot of fun,” junior Sunny Paul said.

During the Friday, Dec. 16 game against Albert Einstein High School, junior Phylicia McInnis had 12 points and 4 assists, senior captain Allie Janowiak scored 8 points and pulled down 9 rebounds, and freshman Miki Howson scored 7 points.  

Janowiak said, “It’s a lot of fun being a leader on a strong close knit team and even though we are a brand new team we connect very well it’s going to be a great season.”

On Monday, Dec. 19, junior Xanthi Limber, freshman Trinity Klock, and McInnis combined for 39 points, and 27 rebounds. This was a great win for the lady coyotes.

Limber is leading the team in points so far this season. “The more experienced players are helping out and working together for the benefit of the team. We are starting to click and all work hard to get where we are today.” Limber said.