Teachers Volunteer to Pamper Students for Good Cause

Senior Noelly Ventura and social studies teacher Daniel Mulcahy sell tickets for the pampered student contest.

Rachel Clements

Rachel Clements

Steven Shifflett, Reporter

Some CHS students are anticipating the chance to be pampered by their favorite teacher. For only $1, students are able to enter the raffle to be pampered by the teacher of their choice, the winner will be announced on Oct. 26.

Every teacher involved has to pamper one student who was drawn with breakfast, lunch, and special treatment for a whole day. The leadership club, led by social studies teacher Rachel Clements, came up with this idea and have been advertising it all over the school in hallways and classrooms for the past two weeks.

“We’re doing the pampered student fundraiser primarily to raise money for our leadership team so that we can do more free activities around the school for students,” Clements said.

The leadership club will be doing more fundraisers throughout the year to support the multiple free activities they are planning.

Around 20 teachers have already volunteered to pamper a student and over 100 raffle tickets have been sold so far. Many teachers enthusiastically joined this fundraiser to support a good cause in a fun way.

“I think it’s important to show students we care about supporting a cause that is bigger than ourselves,” social studies teacher Dan Mulcahy said.

Many students are excited to have a chance to be pampered by their favorite teacher. Senior, Sabrina Cole bought ten  raffle tickets in hopes of being pampered by the teacher of her choice.

“I really want to be drawn for Mr. Elgin because he’s my favorite teacher so he would get me some good treats all day,” Cole said.

Don’t forget to buy your raffle tickets for your favorite teacher in the main lobby at lunch before the drawing before tomorrow’s drawing during lunch!