Field Hockey Loses in State Semis

Steven Shifflett, Reporter

The Lady Coyotes field hockey team’s season came to an end Monday night at Broadneck High School in the state semi-final game against Dulaney High School.

The rainy weather seemed to favor Dulaney more than Clarksburg as they seemed to be getting all the lucky bounces. The first goal for the Lions came just 7:30 into the first half. The Coyotes were struggling to control possession of the ball very much in the first half and they got off very few shots on goal.

“We could have communicated better and played more as a whole,” senior Brynn Forrest said.

However, Clarksburg played much better in the second half before Dulaney’s second goal at the 7:41 mark of the second half. The Coyotes finally had a few chances early in the second half until that goal scored by the result of a breakaway constructed by the Lions. The remainder of the game was not pretty for the coyotes as they were unable to gather any chances.

“We left it all on the field but in the end Dulaney came out on top,” junior captain Anna Bertrand said.

The Coyotes finished the season at 14-2-1 and made Clarksburg field hockey history this season by being the first team to make it to the state semi-finals. This season was definitely one to remember for everyone involved.

“We were sad when it all ended but proud of how far we had made it and how we made history,” Forrest said.