Coed Volleyball Team Finishes Perfect Undefeated Regular Season

Coed Volleyball defeated Poolesville April 16th for one of their 8 consecutive wins to start the season undefeated

Ed Dalton

Ed Dalton

John Guglielmone, Reporter

The Coed Volleyball team finished the regular season undefeated with a perfect 11-0 record, and now heas 

Thus far the Coed team has had to go through Churchill, Kennedy, Wheaton, Magruder, Sherwood, Damascus, Northwest, Watkins Mill, Poolesville, QO, and Seneca Valley. The Coyotes have won every game dominantly and have only lost two sets all season.

“I had hoped that with the returning players, we would be competitive” head coach Kyle Landefeld said when asked about the team’s hot start. “We are playing in the toughest division, and are playing the hardest schedules in the county so to start [undefeated] is a real accomplishment.”

Landefeld has been the head coach at CHS for seven years and has lead them to 2 undefeated seasons and hopes to continue adding to that number.

“We‘ve started out well because we all work very hard and work well together,” sophomore Brianna Loewke said. “I believe we will finish undefeated because we have all the aspects needed to win.” Loewke is one of the returners that Landefeld has said is a huge part of the team’s success.

“I believe the main reason of the team’s success was that we started with a good goal and built confidence up to achieve the goal” said sophomore Dane Mallon. “I feel that we have a chance to finish out the season undefeated if we respect the opportunity we have and continue improving on the court”.