‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Breaks Gross Income Record

Image of several main characters from Avengers: Infinity War, including supervillain Thanos.

Jordan Doss, Editor In Chief

Marvel released their newest and most anticipated movie to date April 27:, Avengers: Infinity War. The movie had been in the making since the first Iron Man film came out in 2008. Prior to this movie’s release, 18 other films by Marvel came out to build up the plot of Infinity War, and to introduce more than 30 characters that starred in it.

“For a movie that had to fit in 30+ different superheros, they did it very well and managed to give everyone screen time. It was amazing,” junior Alex Velasquez said.

In order to produce this super movie, Marvel spent between $300 and 400 million in production, making it the second-most expensive film ever made. Although the stakes were high with their expenses, Infinity War managed to make over $640 million worldwide, becoming the record holder for most gross income made on any opening weekend.

“I am not surprised on how much they made from this movie; it was spectacular,” junior Varsha Pathy said.

The plot of Infinity War follows the supervillain Thanos in his efforts to erase half of the universe’s population. In his attempts, he must face almost all of the superheroes in the Marvel universe, and defeat them in his battle for universal genocide.

Infinity War has earned a rating of 9.1 on IMDb, and thousands of other positive reviews and posts all over several social media sites.

“The movie draws in so many different crowds; comic lovers, movie fanatics, or people who are just curious all spent 2 hours and 40 minutes indulging in this great movie,” senior Jared Lee said.  

Marvel has been making fantastic movies for more than a decade, and those who have enjoyed those movies now have the chance to see how they all connect. If you have not tapped in to the Marvel universe, consider setting aside 2 hours and 40 minutes to enjoy the movie of a lifetime.