McInnis and Wilder Win Athlete of the Year

Phylicia McInnis, CHS Female Athelte of the Year, was a varsity basketball captain, and a varsity softball captain.

Chris Lekhavanij

Tyler Neidecker, Reporter

CHS is home to a lot of great athletes. Many athletes were accepted to college, and 20 of them have signed to a NCAA college to continue their athletic careers.

Out of the 20 students, one guy and one girl have been named  by the Clarksburg Howl staff as CHS athletes of the year.

Track coach Deb Waxman said that the ideal athlete of the year is “the most dedicated and the hardest worker for their sports team.”

This year’s male athlete of the year is senior Tyler Wilder. He’s been a member of the varsity wrestling team, both indoor and outdoor track teams, the varsity lacrosse team, and the varsity football team over his four years.

Wilder’s friend, sophomore Ami Dewonou said, “Tyler is so funny and so smart, but the best thing about him is his dedication to what he loves.”

The female Athlete Of The Year award goes to senior Phylicia McInnis. Phylicia has played varsity Basketball and Softball for all four years.

Her former teammate Lauren Howard said, “PJ (McInnis nickname) is one the the best and hardest working athlete I know.”

Wilder and McInnis are hard working and dedicated athletes that have both brought a lot of success to Clarksburg athletics.

“I work hard to make my friends and coaches proud, but most importantly my mom, I want to do what I love and be able to support my loved ones at the same time, that’s why I work so hard,” Wilder said.

Both winners are exemplary models of what CHS athletes should be: dedicated, hard-working athletes who are respected by their teammates, coaches and friends.

Ed Sheehan
Tyler Wilder, CHS Male Athlete of the Year, was a linebacker for varsity football and a defenseman for varsity lacrosse.