Students Thank CHS Staff by ‘Working at the Car Wash’

Student members of the MSP, SGA and Ambassadors showed CHS Staff their Appreciation with a free car wash.

Rachel Clements

Cornell Hanna, Reporter

Teacher Appreciation Week, from May 4 to 11, was started to recognize teachers for their hard work and dedication, and to allow students to show their appreciation by giving, showing your appreciation. The CHS SGA joined forces with the Minority Scholars Program and the CHS Ambassadors to put on a car wash for the CHS staff.

“Mr Bassett mentioned the idea to us in hopes of giving back to our staff and to show our appreciation for all they do,” junior Lydia Tadesse, a member of the Clarksburg Ambassadors program, said.

The car wash took place throughout the day Friday, May 4 and was a big hit. Numerous teachers took the opportunity to get their cars cleaned and greatly appreciated the students’ efforts. The student volunteers were happy as their efforts were appreciated, and they had lots of fun doing so.

Senior Jared Lee, a member of the SGA, said, “We wanted to do something different. It was great seeing everyone leave so happy, and we had lots of fun.”

Throughout the week, every student did little things to show their appreciation. The car wash was a way to go out with a bang. SGA says they plan to continue this in the coming years following the major success.

“Since everyone enjoyed it, I know this will become a tradition,” Lee said.

Teachers work hard year round and it’s nice for them to be repaid for their efforts. They all appreciate the small things students do to give back.