Anonymity in The White House

Last week an anonymous story was released about Trump from a member of his cabinet.

https://www.gq.com/story/new-york-times-pro-trump-column

Jordan Doss, Editor in Chief

The New York Times released an anonymous Op-Ed article Wednesday Sept. 5 admitting to the “resistance” within President Trump’s cabinet. There has never been a known saboteur in the president’s cabinet before.The young adult generation has been exposed to several new political issues such as election hacking and conspiracies, and now anonymous news articles, making such stories very important to their political background.  

The article goes into detail about how several members of the cabinet find Trump unstable and unfit for the job, and have considered invoking the 25th amendment to take him out office.

“It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room,” the anonymous author wrote. “We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what is right, even when Donald Trump won’t.”  

Shortly after the article was posted, Trump reacted harshly according to a different New York Times article, where he even referred to the anonymous article as a “gutless editorial.”

These articles have exploded with commentary and speculation over who the author could be and whether or not there is any truth to the information in the article, specifically all over social media sites.

“This adds chaos to the chaos, and I am torn between our right to freedom of speech and expression, and what’s best for the country,” Sociology teacher Daniel Mulcahy said.

Although enlightening, the article has caused a lot of controversy in the media, and a wild goose chase around the capital in search of the author, making the current state of the country hard to read. Several news reports come out each week regarding the actions and ideologies of Trump, but this is the first time that a member of his own staff has reported on the issues they witness firsthand.