Student PSAT Memes Break Signed Confidentiality Agreement

Some students are posting about the PSAT even though they signed a confidentiality waiver.

Twitter screenshot by Thao Pham

Thao Pham, Reporter

After taking the countywide PSAT, MoCo students are anonymously posting memes about it on all kinds of social media platform for laughs and giggles. Although the College Board strictly prevents the sharing of information on the tests, daring teens are still sneakily discussing the latest version of the national test.

All CHS students, besides seniors, were required to take the countywide PSAT tests Oct. 10. The test is a practice version of the SAT exam and is taken very seriously by the College Board. Students were informed that sharing of information on the practice test outside of testing rooms would lead to major consequences. Despite the threat they received, students are still posting memes for jokes online and most teachers are unaware of these violations.

“I did not know that students were posting PSAT memes online; it’s a complete surprise,” algebra teacher Todd Watson said. “Considering that the rules say that you’re not supposed to discuss questions or anything like that, they’re going against school policy.”

However, the College Board has some idea about the sharing of test information online, and they have continued to impose stricter rules to prevent the sharing of test materials. They even had students sign contracts promising that no information on the test would be discussed, but students still share secret memes regardless of the consequences. Although most teachers do not like the idea of PSAT-related posts, many students find it hilarious and not much of a big deal.

“It’s just for fun. I found the memes relatable and funny,” sophomore Jessica Morales said.

Almost every year, PSAT memes are posted all over the internet right after students finish taking the test. It’s almost a tradition despite the warnings from the College Board.

“The memes are a great thing as it shows the student actually read the article they are given on the PSAT. The jokes are harmless, and it should not be a problem,” senior Jared Naulgan said.