Former Student Ferro Flashes In TV Guest Role

Mateo Ferro (left) stands next to Broadway director, Lin-Manuel Miranda, during his time acting in

WTOP.com

Mateo Ferro (left) stands next to Broadway director, Lin-Manuel Miranda, during his time acting in "In the Heights".

Tyler Neidecker, Editor

A former CHS student, Mateo Ferro, guest-starred in NBC’s new show, “Manifest”. The episode aired Nov. 12 at 10 p.m.. Ferro played “Carlos” during the 7th episode of the show’s first season.

Ferro began his acting career with a number of plays at Rocky Hill Middle School and CHS. These led to other small productions outside of school until last year he earned the role of “Sunny” in a Broadway version of “In the Heights”.

“I loved it. It was a lot of hard work, but that show changed my life,” Ferro said.

Ferro had a pretty big role in episode 7, season 1 of ‘Manifest” by acting in many different scenes and showing a great amount of emotion in most of the scenes. A lot of his former classmates and friends watched the episode and had positive reviews.

Senior Carlos Hernandez said, “With his work ethic and his determination he will be on of the names like Morgan Freeman or Tom Cruise.”

Ferro’s friends definitely miss him, but are happy and proud of him.

Junior Jess Brown said, “We are all excited for what he is going to do, he is a cool guy and is going to make Clarksburg proud.”

In order to achieve his acting dream, Ferro definitely worked really hard and will do anything he can to make his dream more of a reality. Last year during the Broadway show, he lived in New York with family and missed a couple months of school. Because his career is really kicking off this year, Ferro withdrew from CHS and now lives in New York and takes some home-schooled classes.

Senior Noah Abrams said, “I have seen Mateo act a lot; he was great in middle school and is great on TV.”

Ferro is not sure what his role will be, but he promised there will be more.

He said, “ I don’t have anything guaranteed for the next couple of weeks but as of now I’m teaching acting classes in New York, this really is a dream come true.”