Boys Basketball Gets Ready for Playoffs

Boys Basketball Gets Ready for Playoffs

Coach Watson coaches his team up during a game

THOMAS FLANDERS

THOMAS FLANDERS

THOMAS FLANDERS

John Guglielmone, Sports Editor

The CHS varsity boys basketball team will be facing the Northwest Jaguars varsity boys basketball team for the third time this season. The Jags won the first two meetings but the Coyotes are looking for revenge against the Jags in the first round of the playoffs.

“If we follow the game plan and execute well we will win” said senior center Shane Paul. “If we play up to our potential we can go all the way to states”.

In the first meeting of the Coyotes and the Jags, the Jags won by a score of 68-53. The Jags controlled the entire game and ran away with the win on their home court.

“If we execute and stick to our assignments then we will get the looks we want and make the baskets we want” said sophomore guard Drew Moore. “The x-factor of the game will definitely be our age. We are young and we will use our speed to our advantage”.

In the second meeting of the two teams this season, the Jags won again but this time by a score of 61-47. Again the Jags controlled the entire game but this time the stole the game from the Coyotes on their home floor.

“As long as we play hard and execute well then we will win” said junior point guard Yuri Covington. “When healthy and playing at the highest level we possibly can play at, I honestly believe that we can be the toughest team in the 4A West”.

The Jags will be hosting the game again and the Coyotes will be looking for redemption. With Covington, the Coyotes starting point guard out, the supporting cast will need to step it up if they want to come out victorious and get the revenge they are looking for.