Shaku-Shaku at Asa Ball

Shaku-Shaku at Asa Ball

This is the ASA board members on the left is Watkins Mill High school and on the Right is Clarksburg High School ASA

Miche Mounassami

Miche Mounassami

Miche Mounassami

Rebecca Sofon, Reporter

CHS and Watkins Mill High school collaborated and held their 2nd annual African Student Association (ASA) ball Feb. 23. The ball was hosted at Watkins Mill with 250 people in attendance.

“This was my first year going and I enjoyed myself a lot,” CHS freshman Koelis Assogba said. It was a “10/10 experience. I can see myself going next year.”

Students from CHS and other schools around the county attended. There were performances from many groups including the CHS ASA dance team which wowed the crowd.

“It took a lot of work to create the routine, as a team we enjoyed learning and rehearsing the dance routines and knew people would enjoy what they saw,” CHS junior and ASA co-captain Audrey Sarkodie said.

There were many components to the night including a fashion show, talent performances, and a live performance from Saintsinbad. The music had everyone on their feet showcasing their dance moves throughout the night.

“I had an incredible amount of fun being in the [CHS] ASA performance and dancing and hanging out with my friends, it was a good night” junior Yanel Kette- Seka said.

To conclude the event, the ball held a Mr. and Ms. ASA competition. CHS senior Tony Larbo won the award for Mr. ASA.