2019 Baseball Looks to Knock it Out of the Park

Upcoming season could be one of the program's best

Sophomore Sam Batis and the 2019 baseball team have high expectations for this upcoming season.

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Max Bennett, Reporter

In 2018, the CHS varsity baseball team went 8-11-1. Despite not having the best regular season record, the Coyotes beat some very talented teams to make it to the sectional final round before losing to Quince Orchard.

Last year’s team was young,  and this year’s team is going to be just as young with many underclassmen competing for playing team. Combining young talent with last season’s experienced returning players has the team expecting one of the best seasons in CHS history.

“Last year was our best season ever and the team this year has much more talent and experience,” junior Bailey Arensmeyer said.

Last year’s team only had three seniors and this season over half of the varsity roster is made up of underclassmen. However, there are seven seniors on the team this year adding more leadership to all of the young talent.

“I am very excited for it because it is gonna be really fun and we have a good chance at a States run,” sophomore Morgan Bragg stated.  

Some team members believe that this year the Coyotes can advance further in the playoffs than ever before. Younger players like sophomore Sam Batis will be important to the team’s success. Perfect Game, a baseball recruitment site, ranked his pitching speed in the 96.3% percentile of the country.

“Sam is by far the best player my age I have seen play and I believe he, as well as the other amazing talent on the team, can make the farthest playoff run we have ever made,” JV sophomore Joe Laffman said.

Overall, with all the hype and confidence from its players, this year’s baseball season should provide a lot to look forward to and could be a historical achievement.