Nightmares Come Alive in the New Movie “Us”

April 15, 2019

Jordan+Peele%27s+%22Us%22+is+a+great+horror+movie+with+amazing+reviews+and+is+most+definitely+recommended+to+staff+and+students.+

Jordan Peele's

Jordan Peele's "Us" is a great horror movie with amazing reviews and is most definitely recommended to staff and students.

Justin Schatz

Justin Schatz

Justin Schatz

The new movie Us has audiences in shock trying to figure out what just happened.

Us is a 2019 horror film that is written and directed by Jordan Peele. This movie stars actors like Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Evan Alex, Elisabeth Moss, and Tim Heidecker.

Just like Peele’s last movie Get Out, this one is even bloodier than before. Peele uses his love of horror to write a story about a vacationing family terrorized by a family who looks just like them. The movie has gotten great reviews because of Peele’s mix of terror, suspense, and even humor.

Because many students enjoyed the movie “Get Out” the movie “Us” was very anticipated. Many students came out to their local movie theaters once the movie came out six days ago.

“Me and some friends had seen the trailer and couldn’t wait to see it. We all loved it and it was actually scary, ” junior Kimberly Castillo said.

Of course, there are always people that think otherwise. With a budget of $20 million, some say the movie was a waste of their money and over-hyped.

“It starts off pretty solid and creepy and really pulls you in with cool visuals but halfway in it gets pretty repetitive and unrealistic,” science teacher Benjamin Tylka said.

Even though some say that they may not understand or like the confusion of the movie, Us got amazing reviews with a 94% Tomatometer from Rotten Tomatoes and a 70% audience score. Us was inspired by a dream that Jordan Peele had and he decided to make a movie out of it.

“The movie is bystanding all the horror movie white American family biases and the best part is, the movie is getting amazing reviews,” freshman Kirsten Kirkpatrick said.

Overall many students and teachers enjoyed the movie and can’t wait for another of Peele’s films.

About the Writer