Dave and Busters Opening Soon

Dave and busters is opening their new location at Rio in Gaithersburg.

Daveandbusters.com

Gabriela Diaz-Pulecio, Reporter

One of the most popular MoCo hangout spots is Rio in Gaithersburg, and this July,  Dave and Busters will be making a grand entrance.

The popular arcade/restaurant will replace the Sport and Health gym with a space of nearly 39,000 square feet. The Dallas-based chain currently has three locations in the DMV: Springfield, Silver Spring and Capital Heights. The MoCo Show had initially reported the rumors that there would be a Dave and Busters coming to Rio in the fall of 2016.

Many students and even teachers are excited to hear to have a fun option available to them close by.

“I’m excited because It’s a place where I can take my little girl during the summer,” physical education teacher Nicole Wallace said. “She can have fun and experience something new. Also there’s good food!”

CHS students are extra-excited. During summer, people tend to be outside, but when it comes to indoor activities, options are limited around the northern half of MoCo.

“I look forward to the new Dave and Busters that’s about to open up because it’s gonna be a nice place to kill time in summer when it’s too hot outside,” sophomore Jose Pineda said. “It’s a great place to take a big group of friends.”

Even though Dave and Busters seems like a great idea to all, some believe that the place will have its issues.  

“I think it’s gonna be fun and all. I just don’t look forward to it being very crowded. It’s literally all fun and games until you’re waiting an hour for your food and to get your rewards,” freshman Spencer Williams said