Clarksburg Reviews ‘Avengers: Endgame’

Clarksburg Reviews ‘Avengers: Endgame’

Avengers: Endgame has effectively wrapped up the Avengers franchise and broken box-office records.

Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios

Jordan Doss, Editor-In-Chief

Marvel released their fourth and final Avengers movie, titled Avengers: Endgame April 26. The movie depicts the Avengers and their allies fighting to find a way to avenge half the world’s deaths and take down Thanos once and for all.

The budget provided for the production of Endgame was set at $356 million and opening weekend the movie made $357,115,007, already paying off the costs of production. Collectively since the movie released, a total of $1.6 billion has been earned. Many critics believe this is a result of the ending of their previous movie, Avengers: Infinity War.

“I have been all of the previous movies so I was excited to see the final conclusion, especially following Infinity War,” freshman Brianna Shaffer said.

Critics and fans have given Endgame an IMDb score of 9/10 and a Rotten Tomatoes score of 95%. In fact, so many fans were excited to see the movie that Endgame is now the biggest film opening worldwide since 2002.

“I don’t think that it is the best movie stand alone, but having everything together with the rest of the movies is top two partnered with Infinity War,” long-term math substitute Chris Lee said.

Due to the overwhelming anticipation of the film, many people have been trolling audiences online by sneaking spoilers into the comments of Instagram posts, or even just by purposefully messaging people and spoiling the movie entirely.

“I think it’s pretty crappy having people post spoilers online. There is no good reason to just ruin the movie for someone else,” senior Angela Grey-Theriot said.

Although the Avengers era has unfortunately come to its end, this is not the end of our favorite heroes, and especially not the end of Marvel’s creativity and production towards the movies that we all have loved and enjoyed for the past 11 years.