Whats with school lunches?

Whats with school lunches?

( Schools are not double checking what they serve to students. The food they give them are bland, spoiled and overall distasteful)

Clarksburg high school is known for a lot of good things, from its strong sports teams to its resourceful staff. But when it comes to school’s cafeteria food, many students believe that something doesn’t add up.

School lunch is provided for both students and staff. It helps students not become hungry during class time and gives free and/or reduced-cost lunches to kids that can’t afford lunch every day. However, what many Coyote students want to know is why does it have to be so unappetizing?

When lunch begins each day, many students rush in order to be first in line to eat despite the complaints about food quality.

Junior James Fletcher said, “when I eat cafeteria food I feel like I’m eating something I’m not supposed to.”

School lunch is supposed to taste good and be nutritious, but it just doesn’t seem like the schools is trying hard enough to do that. In the food revolution article, “Why School Lunches in America Are Unhealthy and 10 Ways You Can Take Action to Improve Them “, they state that “Most menus now include more whole grains and more fruit and vegetable options and less salt. But they also offer an abundance of factory-farmed animal products and heavily processed foods, like corn dogs, tater tots, and cheese pizza”.

Another problem with cafeteria food is that it just doesn’t taste good. It’s obvious that no one likes food that tastes bad. It’s like the school has given up on how good the foods supposed to be.

Junior Brian Ward said, “the food just doesn’t taste good, I feel like I’m eating cardboard sometimes.”In the Life article,” The Problem Is Gross School Lunch. These High Schoolers are fixing it”, the student website states, “It’s supposed to be the place where students get the best healthy lunches like salads, sandwiches, fresh fruits, etc. Instead, they give some gross, unhealthy food.”

Clarksburg high school is a place known for a lot of things, but bad lunches shouldn’t be one of them. We as a community need to fix this before it worsens. No child should go on an empty stomach just because they don’t like what the school has to offer.