Upcoming seniors storm their way through Clarksburg

This year's senior storm  caused a splash! The theme was H20.

This year's senior storm caused a splash! The theme was H20.

Edward Owusu

Edward Owusu

Edward Owusu

Gabriela Diaz, Reporter

On the morning of June 4 CHS officially became Class of 2020 territory. While other underclassmen arrived at school normally, juniors started preparing for their beach-themed senior storm.

This annual event is meant for rising seniors to celebrate the beginning of their final year of high school. The students stormed through the hallways chanting “Two! Oh! Two! Oh!”. After running the halls, the students met outside on the basketball courts ready with water activities like a Slip N Slide, water guns, and water balloons. All students were in beach attire including bathing suits, lifeguard shirts, and sunglasses.

Being the first graduating class of the 2020s, CHS juniors know they’re special and they want to make sure everyone else knows.

“I feel like this class has been one of the best classes yet. I’m proud of me and all my classmates. We finally made it,” junior Kimberly Castillo said.

Many underclassmen that arrive at school early knew something was going on. As the juniors ran through the halls, underclassmen, teachers, and even security personnel knew not to get in their way.

“All I know is that I heard them all the way from the other side of the school. I knew they were coming so it was just best to stand aside,” sophomore Elisa Shiblie said.

After the juniors were all done running around the school it was time to go outside. As most of the juniors said, they wanted to start their senior year the right way.

“Since I’m in the portables me and my period 1 class had to stop and see what was going on. You could hear all the commotion outside,” history teacher Steven Watson said.

The upcoming seniors are sure to make their last year as Coyotes their most hardworking and best yet.