Disney+ Gets an A+ From CHS Audiences

The Brand New Streaming Service, Disney+, has been a big hit with CHS students and staff.

Lucasfilm

Caden Troffkin, Opinion Editor

The Walt Disney Company released a new streaming service two weeks ago called Disney+. The main focus of Disney+ is on the film and television content from Walt Disney Studios.

Audiences can get a 7-day free trial for Disney+ but if they want to keep streaming there are two different purchase options. The first option for $6.99 per month includes content from Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm’s Star Wars, and National Geographic. The second option for $12.99 per month has all of the basic content from the first purchase option with an addition of Hulu and ESPN+.

CHS sophomore Morgan Lynn said, “I think the price is fair because it’s relatively the same as other streaming services like Netflix and it provides more of the shows that I like to watch.”

Disney+ is available for streaming on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, LG TV’s, Roku, Samsung, Chrome OS, macOS, Windows PC, Amazon Fire Tablets, Android Phones & Tablets, iPhone and IPad, PS4, and the Xbox One. It can be streamed on 4 different of these devices at once with 4K UHD.

CHS sophomore Nicole Torres said, “I think that Disney+ is a really good network because it lets you see a lot of Disney’s original shows and movies that are hard to watch nowadays. Watching all of the Disney shows from my childhood makes me feel like a little kid again.”

Star Wars: The Mandalorian, Disney’s High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, Disney’s Lady And The Tramp, Disney’s Noelle, National Geographic’s The World According To Jeff Goldblum, and Marvel’s Hero Project are all of the new and exclusive Disney+ Originals that can’t be streamed anywhere else.

Disney+ has a Disney Junior Series collection with shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and Little Einsteins. This makes Disney+ essential for parents to get for their kids.

History teacher Lory Gardner said, “I love Disney+! I love getting to see all of my favorite Disney movies from my childhood and I love sharing them with my kids. I don’t love that Disney essentially bullied people into paying for another streaming service because they are going to pull their content off of other platforms so they don’t have to share their profits, but I guess it’s something I just have to live with to have access to programs my family loves to watch together.