Spring NCAA Commits

Allie Janowiack, Reporter

HurdlesSenior CHS athletes who are playing at the collegiate level were recognized by their coaches, families and peers at a lunchtime presentation May 13. Some of the athletes were:

-Gabby Haddad will be attending Marymount University next year in Arlington, VA. Haddad chose to attend Division III Marymount because they offer a biology major, and they have an strong physical therapy program for which she will apply.

Stanley Perry will be attending Marist College, to play Division I football. Marist College is located in Poughkeepsie, NY. After watching his highlight video, coaches were very impressed and invited him to go on an official visit to the college. After the visit “[he] fell in love with the school and [he] decided to commit once [he] got home.”

Dallas Marshall will be attending Washington College next year in Chestertown, MD. Marshall chose to attend Division III Washington College because he liked both the campus and the basketball coach. Another reason he chose this school is because it is “close to home, but not too close.”

Kaylan Jackson will attend Kutztown University in Kutztown, PA in the fall. While visiting the school she felt very comfortable and she really enjoyed the fact that the have three cafeterias on campus. “[She is] really looking forward to four great years of college basketball and school in general.”

Xavier “A.J.” Tyson will be attending Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA. He was very impressed with the education system they have at this University. He is looking forward to graduation and hoping for the best out of his college experience.

Chris Leby will be attending Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD to run Division III track. He wants to be a dentist in the future and SU has a great dentistry program. Leby feels as though this was the best choice because their track team is very good and it is near the beach and close to home.

Jeffrey McInnis will be attending Salisbury University to run track as well. He chose SU because of how committed the coaches were to him being on the track team. He is looking forward to making “strong bonds with both new and old people.”

Kyle Yi, Demetrias Sye, Chris Spiess and Xavier Smith will be going to college for track and field. Both Yi and Smith will be attending Penn State-Harrisburg which is division three. Sye will be attending D-III Geneva College and Spiess will be running track at the University of Maryland.

Chanel Solomon will be continuing her track career at Division I Winthrop University.

Both Sabriana Carpenter and Shea McClosky will be attending Salisbury University to run D-III cross country.

Yoel Rivas will be running cross country at Asbury University which is in the NAIA conference.

Matthew Danis will be attending school at McDaniel College to play Division III baseball.