There’s little that’s more annoying than lounging by the pool or firepit on a cooling summer evening and finding yourself swatting at insects instead of reading your book and enjoying that glass of wine you’ve been needing all day. But citronella candles just aren’t enough to get rid of those pests. You know a bug zapper will. But how do you determine the best bug zapper?
To help you find the best bug zapper choices, we’ve searched the internet and found the top reviewed bug zappers across the web. Check the list below to find your new best friend.
How We Chose The Bug Zappers
We searched through multiple sites, including both professional review sites and through consumer websites like Amazon. We read the reviews given by the pros, and then we read the reviews offered by the unpaid consumers to see which options should make the long list of options.
From the long list we created, about fifty total, we narrowed the list down further to just those that received high ratings from real-life users. These ratings are all 3.5 or higher, meaning that the bug zappers range from above-average to awesome.
From the shorter list, we then viewed each item individually to see which ones had the best reviews, the best features, and were most attractive, or at least the most fun to use. These combine to create our list of the ten best bug zappers on the market.
Top 10 Best Bug Zapper Reviews
You’ll find our list has a variety of bug zappers that range from gorgeous options that will enhance your beautiful yard to fun zappers you can use by hand. Choose one or more, depending on your yard size, and you’ll find your evenings a lot more pleasant.
1. Trapro WS108 Wall Sconce Fly Light Trap for Capturing Flying Insects
- Work in Silence – Luring flying insects with special violet light and then capturing them on the special glue boards, killing them softly and no more annoying popping noise.
- Triple Effect – Unique inner reflective coating boost the UV light produced by Philip bulb up to triple times, increase the cover area (900 sq. ft.) and ensure better performance in daytime.
- 100% ECO Friendly – Non-toxic, pesticide-free and no offensive odors, ideal for use in kitchens, restaurants, stores, supermarkets, offices, hospitals, schools and other living and working areas.
- Also A Decorative Light – Stylish wall sconce design with soft violet light, no one will feel uncomfortable with it.
- Worry-Free Warranty: We back our product with an 24-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For a silent solution to ridding your yard of flies, moths, gnats, mosquitoes, and other flying bugs, the Trapro Wall Sconce Ultraviolet bug zapper is one of the top choices. They lure bugs in with the light and then capture them with flue boards. The glue boards kill them softly, without the annoying pop-zap kind of noise we normally associate with bug zappers.
The Trapro works in triple the area of most bug zappers, covering a 900 square-foot area, and even works during daytime hours. The Trapro is also 100% eco-friendly, and completely non-toxic.
There are no offensive odors and even works indoors in kitchens, supermarkets, stores, offices, hospitals, schools, and other living and working spaces. On top of all of that, this bug zapper is actually attractive.
There’s a 24-month warranty, with easy-to-reach support.
2. Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control Device Indoor/Outdoor Device
- Control night flying insect up to 2 acres
- 120 watts UV lure power covers 1,200 sqft indoors
- Mounts vertical or horizontally
- For outdoor & commercial indoor application at dumpsters & trash recepticals; ideal for barns
- Removable collection tray.Replacement bulb: Flowtron BF-130
For a larger backyard or indoor space, you’ll want to check out the Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat. This bug zapper attracts flying insects for up to 2 acres outdoors and 2,000 square feet indoors. The Diplomat uses 120 watts of Ultraviolet light, via three high-intensity 40-watt bulbs, to attract and kill the flying insects anywhere around.
There are no glue boards in this zapper, and the collection tray is easy to remove and clean as directed. The zapper is made of high-impact outdoor grade plastic and features a chrome-plated grid that offers 360 degrees protection.
The unit mounts either horizontally or vertically and is perfect for homes, as well as commercial spaces with dumpsters, or for animal barns and stock stables.
3. Redeo Electronic Bug Zapper Indoor Insect Killer
- INSTANT INSECT ATTRACTION & ELIMINATION: This bug zapper emits a 365 nm wavelength, which has been scientifically proven to be highly attractive to insects, as it falls within their natural viewing wavelength. As flies, mosquitoes and any other flying insect can’t resist approaching the light source, they get immediately zapped.
- Using physical method to eliminate mosquitoes, without use of pesticides or dangerous chemicals. The Electric Bug Zapper features a 7W ultraviolet bulb that attracts all pesky flying insects into the device. Insects then make contact with an extremely powerful 900V high voltage electrically charged metal grid, instantly killing them.
- Features a detachable ring, designed for hanging high-up to keep out-of-reach of children and pets, or can be free standing. Dead insects get collected at the tray at bottom of unit, which can then be easily removed for cleaning and bug disposal.
The Redeo Electronic Bug Zapper emits a 365-nanometer wavelength, which scientists have shown is incredibly attractive to insects since it falls within their natural viewing wavelength. Flies, mosquitoes, and other flying bugs can’t resist getting up close to this light source and are immediately zapped by the Redeo.
The Redeo spreads its light in all directions, for up to 215 square feet, and works perfectly for offices, kitchens, restaurants, schools, hospitals, and commercial and industrial spaces.
There are no poisonous chemicals used in the zapper, and there’s an unpleasant smell or radiation that can harm humans or pets. And the outer enclosure is designed to help prevent anything but insects from being harmed.
The zapper is highly efficient, which also means you use less energy. The zapper is resistant to rust and is made of highly durable plastic.
This bug zapper is for indoor spaces only.
4. Black Flag BZ-40 40-Watt Outdoor Bug Zapper
- 5500 volts of power with UV whit light that attracts and kills flying insects
- Full 1 acre coverage kills mosquitoes, biting flies, yellowjackets, wasps, and more
- Uses 30% less energy than most other bug zappers and provides 20% more bulb life with superior brightness
- Includes mosquito Octenol lure with 30-day continuous release
- 5-year warranty: 9.63″ L x 9.63″ W x 19 ” H
If you’ve got a fairly large yard, you’ll want to check out the Black Flag BZ-40 Outdoor Bug Zapper. It emits 5500 volts of powerful Ultraviolet white light that attracts and kills flying bugs like mosquitoes, gnats, and flies. It covers a full acre of land and offers superior brightness to other zappers while using 30% less energy and lasting 20% longer.
The zapper attracts the bugs through the Octenol lure with a 30-day continuous release, as well as the light that draws the flying bugs in.
Black Flag offers a 5-year warranty for the BZ-40, as well.
5. Hoont Powerful Electric Indoor Bug Zapper
- PESTICIDE, CHEMICAL & ODOR FREE – Get rid of all flying insects and bugs without the use of pesticides or dangerous chemicals. Maintenance free and easy to use; simply plug in the bug zapper and watch the device eliminate all pesky and annoying flies by electrocuting them in the metal grid.
- EFFECTIVE FLY & BUG CONTROL – The Hoont Bug Zapper Fly and Insect Killer features two high intensity 15 watt ultraviolet bulbs that attracts all pesky flying insects into the device. Insects then make contact with an extremely powerful high voltage electrically charged metal grid, instantly killing them. Kills a limitless amount of insects. Get rid of all flying insects and bugs!
For the widest-reaching coverage, the Hoont Electric Indoor Bug Zapper is your top choice. It covers up to 6,000 square feet, with 360-degree coverage. There are no pesticides or chemicals used, and it’s completely odor-free.
The Hoont zapper is easy to maintain and install – you just plug the zapper in and watch it work. There are two high-intensity watt Ultraviolet bulbs that attract the flying insects into the device, where they make contact with the high voltage electrically charged metal grid.
The Hoont zapper has a detachable chain, designed for wall mounting to keep it out of reach of children and pets, or maybe free-standing. The dead insects get collected in a tray at the bottom of the unit, which is easy to remove and clean.
This bug zapper can be used indoors or outdoors and has a four-foot cord.
6. Enkeeo 2-in-1 Camping Lantern Bug Zapper Tent Light
- 2-IN-1 ZAPPER LANTERN: a combination of camping lantern and mosquito zapper; 360nm-400nm ultraviolet light providing a 16 x 16 foot mosquito free zone
- ULTRA-LONG LIFE BATTERY: equipped with 2000mAh rechargeable battery; 20 hours run time with lantern-only feature (low light, ≥ 30 lumen); 15 hours for zapper-only feature
- EASY & SAFE TO USE: comes with a retractable hook, a removable lampshade and plastic cage to protect you from touching the inner wire
- IPX6 HIGHLY WATERPROOF: perfect for outdoor use; you can clean the lantern under running tap water; easy to get rid of insect remains
- PORTABLE & COMPACT: super lightweight and compact design; measures only φ88mm x 129mm/ φ3.46″ x 5.08″; weighs only 200g/ 0.44 pound
If you’re looking for a portable bug zapper, check out the water-proof, rechargeable Camping Lantern Bug Zapper from Enkeeo. It comes with a removable lampshade and works as both a camping lantern and as a bug zapper.
The Enkeeo 2-in-1 has an ultra-long-life battery, running about 20 hours on the lantern only feature, or about 15 hours on the zapper only feature. It’s super safe and easy to use, with a tractable hook. You can wash it under running water for getting rid of the insects.
The lantern offers a 16 by 16-foot mosquito-free zone by emitting 360 to 400 nanometers of Ultraviolet light.
7. Kapas Indoor Night Lamp Mosquito Killer
- Uses physical methods (appearance） to attract and eliminate insects. No noise, no chemicals, no fumes, no smell, so it is harmless to your health and when you sleep. KAPAS mosquito zapper is a trustworthy bug zapper to help you so that you won’t be plagued by mosquito bites, fly buzz and have sleep in peace.Tips: It attracts well at night, compared to daytime and it only attracts mosquitoes and the other insects and kills them instead of catching like human.
- Kapas mosquito trap can be used for various occasions. Ideal for bedroom, hall, hotel, office, stock farm, supermarket, chicken farm, commercial, customer-facing areas and ｏther indoor and out door when it is necessary to kill mosquitoes and flies. We made this fly zapper with high quality internal components, so Kapas bug killer light can operate smoothly during any time， day or night. Tips: if not used for a long time, please turn it off.
The Kapas Indoor Night Lamp Mosquito Killer uses blue light, which has been scientifically proven to effectively kill insects. The blue light is set to the correct frequency to kill those nasty mosquitoes and flying bugs that pester you and emit Ultraviolet rays which are harmless to human eyes.
The light attracts and draws in the insects to the zapper and delivers a high voltage to the bugs through a metal grid, which has been designed to be harmless for children and pets.
There are no chemicals or noise for this zapper, as well as no offensive odors, fumes, or other harmful aspects to humans and animals.
The Kapas work best during nighttime but do work some in the daytime.
The Kapas Mosquito Killer is perfect for indoor use in hallways, bedrooms, hotels, offices, supermarkets, and kitchens, as well as outdoors, and works great for environments like chicken farms, stock farms, and commercial spaces.
8. Auledio 2-in-1 Electronic Insect Killer
- 【Ultra Safe Certification: CE, FCC, ROHS】– SAFE GUARANTEE: This Bug Zapper LED Grow Light bulb is powered by electric not as the chemical liquid. It is no radiation, non-toxic and chemical-free. Safe for human health and environment.You and your plants can enjoy your day.
- 【2-IN-1 Zapper Grow Light bulb】– A combination of Plant Grow Light bulb and Insect zapper. 360nm-420nm ultraviolet light providing a 20 x 20 foot Insect free zone.460nm-625nm promote the synthesis of chlorophyll and make the plants sprouting and flowering.
- 【Easy to Use】– The modes you can choose through the switch control. Use as Bug zapper only or grow light with zapper. Say Goodbye to painful bites!
For an ultra-safe insect killer, consider the Audio 2-in-1 Insect Killer. The bulb is powered by electricity, so there are no harmful chemicals or unpleasant odors. There’s no radiation and is healthier and safer than using insect repellent.
What makes this one of the best bug zapper options is the set of unique features it offers. You can choose modes for the zapper through a wall switch control, using it as either a bug zapper or a standard light bulb with the zapper.
This is an LED blue-Ultraviolet light that emits 360-420 nanometer wavelength light, which attracts flying insects, especially mosquitoes.
The bulb works for any standard socket and works for both indoor and outdoor use. It’s perfect for your living room, sunroom, deck, pool house, warehouse, garage, hotel, restaurant, and more. And it’s bright enough to use for actual lighting in those spaces.
There are both a 30-day money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty for the bulb.
9. Waterproof Insect Zapper from Teza Products
- Coverage area 6.000 to 10,000 sq. feet. Certifited by UL.
- Effective working life to be 8,000 to 10,000 hours working life time
- TEZA Products Use Magnetic Transformer for All Products Magnetic Transformer: 1. Run Cooler and can run for a very long time 2. Last 25 or more years 3. Operate at about 90 to 95 percent efficiency 4. More expensive than electronic transformer.
- Super Strong High Voltage 2500-4000 V to Zap Mosquitoes, Moths, Other Flies
- Use for Indoor & Outdoor- Waterproof
Another one of the best bug zappers on the market, you’ll notice the Insect Zapper from Teza Products has a huge range of 6,000 square feet, with an effective working life of 8,000 to 10,000 hours. The zapper uses 2500 to 4000 volts to zap mosquitoes, moths, and other flying insects and is safe for both indoor and outdoor use.
The zapper from Teza uses a scent that specifically attracts mosquitoes. The scent combines with the heat to draw them in, while the light and the heat attract other flying insects.
This zapper is perfect for homes, kitchens, restaurants, farms, and industrial locations.
10. Elucto ElectricFly Swatter/Bug Zapper
- The ELUCTO Electric Fly Swatter, highly reliable and professional will zap Bugs or Flies in ONE SWAT. No need to swing multiple times to zap bugs, like the 3 layer rackets
- Forget about toxic bug sprays, which are entirely unsuitable during a barbecue or when eating outside, the Mosquito Zapper does not have any safety risk to you or the environment
- Simply to use, this Bug Zapper racket works after manual activation
- Eliminate PESKY BUGS once and for all. Don′t Delay, GET YOURS TODAY
- 1 Year Full Warranty; 2 AA Batteries Required (included); works well and long with Polaroid AA Batteries
For those looking for something to keep the kids entertained while keeping the bugs down, you can check out the Electro Fly Swatter/Bug Zapper combo. The swatter is designed to handle bugs like a professional, with reliable results. The zapper and the insect make contact once, and the insect is dead.
This kind of bug zapper is perfect for use on camping trips, around the Barbecue, or at pool parties, where manual use is fun and easy for adults and older children. You won’t need toxic bug repellent with this around because you’ll be able to keep the bugs off that are in close proximity to your face and body.
This swatter/zapper uses AA batteries, which come included, and has a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Conclusion/Buyer’s Guide For The Best Bug Zappers on The Market
Every single one of these ten bug zappers is a top choice from the industry. Every one of them has a great range and functionality, is easy to operate and install, and works effectively and safely without toxic chemicals, radiation, or offensive odors.
But if we had to narrow the list down to our absolute two top choices for the best bug zapper, we’d recommend the Trapro WS108 Wall Sconce for the home, either indoors or outdoors, and the Enkeeo 2-in-1 Camping Lantern Bug Zapper Tent Light for a portable bug zapper option. Both are versatile, have a wide range, are effective, and are attractive.